October 5, 2017
- 2.5c oat flour (to create your own, take Steele cut oats, pop them into a nutri bullet or food processor and milk until it becomes flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of ground cinnamon (I like to really bring out the Fall flavors)
- 1/4 c dark chocolate chips
- 1 c canned pumpkin purée
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1 tbs coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 (I like to use convection so the bars bake throughout). Prep glass baking dish or baking pan with a little coconut oil cooking spray).
- In a large bowl, Mix all dry ingredients. (Oat flour —> pumpkin pie spice).
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; stir until evenly combined. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour everything into glass baking dish, use a spatula to even out.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. (18 was perfect for my oven).
- Let cool then cut into squares! I love to pair these with a cup of coffee or ice cold unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
Please follow and like us: