Peak8Fitness + Nutrition Blog
September 21, 2016
(Makes 6 wraps)
4oz chicken breast
6 leafs of butter lettuce
1/4 of an apple, chopped
2tbs raw walnuts, chopped
1/2 avocado, mashed
3 tbs 0% Fage Greek yogurt
3 tbs dried cranberries
Red pepper flakes
1/2 lemon, squeezed
1. Prepare chicken how you desire (grilled or baked).
2. Prepare creamy avocado mixture while your chicken is cooking: In a small bowl mash avocado, toss in chopped walnuts, chop and mix in apples, sprinkle dried cranberries, mix in Greek yogurt. Season to taste.
3. Wash butter lettuce.
4. Once chicken is grilled, allow to cool, then dice into small bits, and add into creamy avocado mixture.
5. Take a few tablespoons of mixture and place onto 1 piece of lettuce and roll.
April 13, 2016
Try this smoothie recipe for a refreshing, power-packed morning or mid-afternoon pick-me-up!
1 cup frozen berries
1 cup fresh spinach
2 tbsp Bob Red Mill’s Flax Seed Meal
1 tsp raw unsalted almond butter
1/2 cup 100% orange juice
2 pitted dates
1 scoop Wilderness Athlete Green Infusion
Blend and enjoy!
March 31, 2016
1/2 pound elk burger (or bison, lean hamburger, turkey burger)
1/2 egg plant (cut vertically into thin slices)
1/4 fresh avocado
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1 small vine tomato
1 thin slice of Jarlsberg cheese
3 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1. Fire up the BBQ. While the grill is warming up, prep the burger into a patty (about 1-1 1/2 inch thick), season with some garlic powder and cracked pepper.
2. Slice cheese, mushrooms, and bell peppers.
3. Drizzle bell pepper with EVOO, set on grill plate.
4. Put burgers and bell peppers on the grill. When burgers are at the halfway point, bring a small skillet to medium heat with a drizzle of EVOO and sauté the mushrooms. Grill burgers to your desired temperature.
5. Once burgers are cooked, immediately spoon the sautéed mushrooms onto burger, topping with one slice of Jarlsberg cheese. Pull grilled bell peppers off and set on dinner plate.
Enjoy your tasty burger and grilled peppers with avocado and fresh tomatoes!
March 24, 2016
February 9, 2016
1/2 cup organic spinach